Tuesday, June 17, 2008

i'm on your floor, the second floor.

oh my. i need to keep up with this because i have to post long ass posts about all of the craziness and good times i have had already this summer. hereitgoes.

us girls were persuaded by the promise of ice cream by mo and derek to go to the battle of the bands in burnsville where three of our friends were duking it out to win a spot to open at the basillica block party to open for my friends augustana (who jen introed me to a few years ago). nathan miller band was first, the wannabe hasbeens was next, and roster mccabe was last. we arrived (after crappy mapquest directions) and were greeted immedietly by mo and derek who informed us that they bought ice cream and cones for us girls specifically. aw. right then i was inclined to vote for wannabe hasbeens, even though the bands they were against are also my friends. anyway, many of our friends ended up showing up (dan, murphy, gloria, mike minehart with camera in tow, my friend jeff from college who was supporting roster, steven, gremlin, eckum). heather and lydia had both snuck bottles of jag into their purses and throughout the night we slipped into the bathrooms to take swigs. bad idea. ha. wannabes had a huge turn out and played a lot of new songs that were really appealing to the masses and ended up winning the vote (we found out later). during their set we danced and sang up front, mike took pictures, and cherise and i even had a good chat. i like when things can be good and happy with everyone. the rest of the night is blurry. between ice cream, shots of jag, captain cokes, a nasty tequila shot, a trip to the men's bathroom to have girl talk with mo and mike, stealing of hats, and me throwing up behind a bush, we left extremely intoxicated to go to mo's work downtown at harvey's. gremlin sober drove us. i vaguely remember hugging everyone a million times before leaving to go there, and telling everyone who much i loved everyone. on the car ride there, however, i knew i was going to get sick again. we pulled up and i ran to the bathroom and prayed to the porcelain gods. yikes. dan, mo, derek, and steven all came in to check on me (love my boys), as heather knowingly was silent beside me. lydia, however, as she gets very emotional and lovey while drunk, stormed into the bathroom screaming and talking (as heather tried to warn her to stop) and i yelled "lyydiiaa! why are you YELLING!?" she left. i eventually felt better. heather was on the phone with george, and i felt the need to tell her "tell him i'm PUKING. TELL HIM!" wow. the rest of the night i was holding my head in my hands as conversations rolled past me. i could only focus on how sick i felt and how much i needed to go home and sleep before work at 7 in the morning. outside on the curb i ran into eckum who gave me advice to eat eggs and drink a vitamin water in the morning. later i found out that the entirety of the nathan miller band found out about my sick night through him. i am a legend, i suppose. i ended up leaving with the girls, and they drove me home while i slept in their back seats. my oh my. later i found out that heather and dan said i was doing the "murphy lean" and the "murphy look." i never ever get that drunk, so i feel like people accepted and helped me out more because it is a rarity. thank you, friends.


triple threat during the battle of the bands c/o mike minehart

derek washing the ice cream scoop

bathroom talks with triple threat and mo c/o mike minehart


heather, dan, lydia


at this point i was too drunk to care (derek, gremlin, me, mo)

i have also worked this whole week and will continue for the rest of the summer. it is so awesome to be a site leader and finally have my own classroom of 4th graders. the staff i work with are all friends from years past, and i feel like i have a purpose again in life, instead of waking up at 1pm and watching tv. we are a family. i love my job. love.

heather ended up having a bummer day this week and lydia and i met her at coffee to hang and support. i love my girls. we are a perfect fit. it is insanity that we didn't know lydia sooner. she is a godsent. obviously heather is my angel. we are unstoppable. love at its finest.

the other night dan and i gathered many of our friends to my house. we were going to have a bonfire, but the storms raged all night crazy style. the one thing i love about my friends is that we can do close to nothing and have an absolute blast. dan, amy, heather, lydia, me of course, murphy and gloria all piled into my garage for the whole night on folding chairs. we talked and gossiped and laughed (per usual) all night while drinking and smoking. i ended up doing everyone's tarot card readings and many left feeling totally creeped out by their accuracy. i loved that they were willing to try it out and that we all felt comfortable enough to do it. the thing is, is that blark is a family. we may get frustrated with each other from time to time, but we always loves each other to death. no one loves me the way my blark friends do. they are all my favorite people in the entire world.

the day after that lydia was having a bummer day and heather and i ended up going to her house. me and heather brought our tarot cards, and heather had the coolest set of love/romance oracle cards. SO RAD! we all did tons of readings about friends, love, our lives, etc...

this weekend is my grad party, which i am SO excited for. everyone is coming over and camping. it is a throwback to my little sister's grad party in 2006 where all of us sat in my garage until 5 in the morning hanging out and having the best time. my parents are warned, and we will be bonfireing, drinking, night swimming, and camping. arg. life at its craziest. blark at its best.

i was happy to get a call from nick last night, as i haven't actually heard his voice since we hung out a while ago. i do not think i will see him anytime soon, however, as he is touring with mcs and sing it loud this summer up north. with gas prices there is no way i can afford to travel that far. oh well!

that is about it. but i am already in love with summer. i am already re-in-love with my friends. i love my life. no joke. love love love.

No comments: