Tuesday, January 13, 2009

sad news and updates.

working a lot. a lot. a lot. had to work this past saturday. wanted to die. interesting classes but very tiring and overwhelming. i ended up sleeping 18 hours within a 24 hour period. bleh!

in the past few weeks i have gone to the farewell continental show (as the previous post shows) with my mother, heather, my cousin casey, and mike minehart. we hung out with justin and kari before the show and all of us departed soon after their set. good times!

poor heather has been sick the past week or so, so we have not hung out. and her birthday is tomorrow (hoorah!!!) but i do not know if she will be up for going out. eventually we will celebrate!

the past two fridays i have gone to comedy sportz to support justin, as he helps out this improv comedy group on stage. pretty hilarious! the first friday i went with heather and we met up with raven and her mother. the next friday i just went with justin and laughed by myself when he was on. haha. i am so cool, it hurts.

yesterday morning dan called me, and immediately i knew something had happened to someone we knew. he proceeded to tell me that our friend kevin larson passed away the day previous. kevin was from the safetown days. between ages 18-21 there was a house that all of us would go to in anoka to party. every weekend. without fail. dance parties. drinking uno. dares. power animals. garage talks. endless endless nights. those days are still recalled by all of us as some of the best days we have had.

kevin was never one of my best friends, and many in my extended circle of friends were closer to him than i ever was, but i have never yet had someone i know as a friend die. i am still in shock, to be honest. i don't think it will hit me until the funeral on friday. even then i cannot comprehend that i will never compliment him on his bass skills or his new hairstyle. i will never hear his distinctive voice or laugh again. it is completely unreal to me... i know he will be missed, and that his funeral will have so many people there that loved him.

i need to sleep a lot. eat less. stress less. cheer up more. stop causing myself problems. and chill. out. in general, yeah.

i can do it!

p.s. anyone know of any good podcasts to subscribe to??? i am lately obsessed with uploading songs and my podcasts to my phone. i currently listen to this american life. what else should i be listening to? help me!

6 comments:

Michael said...

You're in my thoughts.

Take care of yourself, L.

Lindsay Vicious said...

thanks, hun. appreciate it. how is life and such, eh? i am behind in my blog lurkens.

Michael said...

I'm in trouble with a girl. I'm falling for her and it's scary... Playing it by ear. Other than that, things could be better...

You're welcome.

Lindsay Vicious said...

haha don't fight it!!! just go with it. feelings are not all evil, i promise! you need to put it out there even if there is a chance you may get burned! love is worth risking it for.

Michael said...

I'm not fighting it. I'm not pretending it's not there.

Ironically, the woman knows. She's not scared by the fact that I feel the way I do -- I think she's scared by the fact that she feels the same way...

Does that make sense?

It's amazing, but scary that it happened so suddenly.

I might be talking out of my ass though... I might be reading into things that shouldn't be read into. Either way, I'm in trouble. And it's great.

Disenchanted Dreamer said...

I was going to suggest This American Life, but you allready listen to that one.

Great program.

It is surreal when someone you know dies, espeically someone so young. I'm very sorry to hear that.

Take care.