Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Perfect teeth.

Blogging is hard work when you are trying to find time to:

Spend with friends
  • Gabe and I watching the new The Weakerthans live DVD at his house and pretty much crying through it + porch night talks and beers + novel talks with his bandmates
And the boyfriend while he is in town
  • Think: Lots of pizza for every meal
  • Think: A LOT of Arrested Development (Marry me!)
  • Trying to make him feel better while he was in so much pain
Running around to two Easters
  • Jaminski: Chill hangout with lovely family and delicious food (cheesy potatoes) involved + Easter baskets for me and Justin
  • Pierre: Easter egg hunt (Justin is QUITE competitive) + food (french silk!) + the treat of hearing Justin's Dr. Seuss narration
Going up to Duluth to see the MCS show
  • "Music School" on the way up with Justin (Think: Unrest, The Jesus and Mary Chain, Promise Ring, and Farewell Continental)
  • Early hangs with the guys: Soundcheck, Caribou, Green Mill, porch hangs with some old friends in other bands, bus laughs and stories
  • Long line waited in by my devoted friends
  • A LOT OF YELLOW
  • Massive encore dancing for the hell of it (Really, dancing the whole time)
  • A long and painfully dark and lonely drive home (Never again)
Watching delicious television things (All rated excellent)
  • Alice (Thanks Heather)
  • Moonlight (Thanks Heather)
  • The whole series of Arrested Development
And looking for a job.
  • Ugh
  • Ugh
  • Ugh
  • Ugh


Forgive me.

One day I will have words for you.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Dear Lindsay:
I saw your man tonight in Chicago. Know that he was wonderful, the entire band was wonderful.
I didn't get a chance to say hey after the show. If you could pass this along for me in some variation I would be forever grateful:
I never thought I would care for a band so much that I would have an image from their song permanently on my wrist. But a year ago today that happened. I'm so appreciative that the guys from MCS decided to go after their dreams, it's a scary and hard thing to do. They're forever in my heart, as well as many others.

stacy said...

i was in duluth too. we parked behind the building and i saw you out there and i so wanted to take your picture and tell you how much i love reading your blog, but i felt too stalkerish/paparazziish lol. the show was freakin awesome, it was my first mcs concert (my first concert at all, actually :P) and i can't wait to go to another one! you are absolutely right about the drive home, though. i am about an hour north of you so it was a little shorter for me, but it still sucked. oh, hey, i saw brian diaz get smucked in the face with josh's guitar after the last song, how did his face fare after that? anyway, thanks for blogging and the best of luck to you with your job search. <3

Lindsay Vicious said...

Sarah- Aw, I am so glad you got to see them and that they were good! It is nice to hear these things from people when I cannot be there to witness. Thank you. And wow, what did you get tattooed on your wrist? Very cool.


Stacy- That is really funny! You should have said hi! Did I look like what you thought I'd look like? I always wonder these things. But thank you for the compliments!

What a fun show, eh? And it was your first show ever??? What?!? Did it live up to your expectations? Glad you had such a good time!

And I am not sure about how Diaz's face is doing. I saw him holding a rag to his mouth when he was tearing down the stage, but I didn't see it happen, nor did I see him after the show. Poor guy! When exactly did it happen?

stacy said...

lol i really wanted to say hi but i was having a major brain fart and i couldn't remember your name :P all i could remember was toxic reine haha. yep, you looked just like i thought you would, i recognized u right away. it was the hair! you looked awesome. and i saw u come in with the band when they jumped up onstage, but then i was way too into the show to notice where u went after lol. yes, it was my first show ever, and it totally lived up to my expectations! it was the most fun i have ever had in my life, and i just got married in vegas last month lol. after the guys went out the door (before the encore) my brother and cousin wanted to leave right away, but then i saw justin peeking through the window and we hung out on the side of the stage while they did the 2 encore songs, right in front of diaz as he was putting things away. after they finished disappear josh went to hand him his guitar and some part of it smacked diaz right in the face, the look on josh's face was priceless! i could tell it hurt, poor guy. and josh felt totally horrible, he just kept apologizing. my favorite part of the show was when they were coming back in for the encore songs tony slapped my little brother (who is a drummer) a high five. my brother was just stoked. he couldnt get over how short tony is though lol. anyway, thanks again for being so cool, and next time i go to a show and see you there i will definitely say hi! <3

Sarah said...

Lindsay,
This is the tattoo I got, I had wanted it for 6 years before getting it:
http://yfrog.com/jas640x480cj
"Betty can't quit carving question marks in my wrist..." That album fell into my hands at the right time. I showed Justin the tattoo in December during the 3 night extravaganza at Lincoln Hall. It was a night when he wasn't talking to save his voice. I got tongue tied and just lifted up my sleeve, recited the lyric, and said "thank you." He hugged me. It was the most genuine interaction I've ever had with someone whose work I admire.
We're lucky girls you know?
If you ever find yourself in Chicago, don't be a stranger.