Sunday, March 21, 2010

Are we floating nowhere yet?

Last week Justin's family invited me out for dinner. It was a joint birthday celebration for me and Abby (Justin's sister-in-law). What good times. His family spoiled me rotten with gifts, including: a Twins shirt and visor (for when they invite us to the new outdoor stadium with their season tickets), Jamaican coffee (that they got while on their trip there) and a badass thermos (it is my first), a high-tech, crazy watch, and a really nice card.

I am very behind on my 52 books... I need to read 3 to catch up. Still do-able. I WILL do it. I just need to get on my game.

I went to Express yesterday with my mother, who was needing to shop, and I found a lot of super cute tops, skirts, and pants for dress up occasions and future interviews. The BEST part? I am usually barely able to fit into a medium at Express... This time? A small was almost too small for me. WHAT!? I knew I felt skinnier as of late, but after that experience I actually thought of myself as skinny. It has been some time. I know I should not be concerned about weight, but in the past few years I have been losing my metabolism and I definitely do not eat right and do not work out. The only change I have made? Not eating meat. I'm not kidding. My theory is that I now don't gorge myself anymore (because options are limited) and I never go to fast food restaurants (because I can only get a salad). It feels good!!!

I am REALLY looking forward to the Duluth MCS show in two weeks. Several friends are going to be coming, as well as some of Justin's family, I think. I also found out that my old friend Mike Schey (former guitarist for The Format) will be lead guitar this tour for the band fun. I boycotted fun., because it just reminded me of the best times I've had hanging out with The Format dudes a few years ago. Those were the glory days. Ha. And now they are over. But now I can be much less bitter with Schey playing with them. It will be very good to catch up once again. But what a small world, eh?

I don't have much else to say right now.

Stay tuned for this wild noise too:

1 comment:

jessica maria said...

Wish I could come to the Duluth show tooooo! xo