Friday, March 5, 2010

i am still painting flowers for you.

Sometimes it takes my breath away, thinking about how my life has turned out. Never ever, as an incredibly awkward teenage girl, did I imagine I would have this life and these experiences at age (almost) twenty-five.

My life is not necessarily more special than the next persons, and I am not claiming that I live a fancy, glamorous, or even terribly exciting life. But sometimes I just cannot fathom the opportunities I have had, the blessings that have come my way, and the adventures I have partaken in.

I am very, very lucky. And when I am an old woman one day, I know I will look back with at least partial satisfaction on my younger years.

I haven't done everything I want to do, not even close to it, but I have tasted thismuch of wonderful. And I am grateful.

In other news: Blog post coming soon. Updates on my 52 books in a year project. Updates on movies I have watched lately. And past week hi-jinxes.

In related news: I am so very excited for Tuesday to roll around. I get to see my lovely, lovely man after weeks of distance. I am counting down the minutes, I swear. I've forgotten what it is like to be near him! What a perfect birthday week. He is the perfect present. I need no others.

No comments: