Friday, November 21, 2008

i've got your voice on tape, i've got your words in me.

i ache. all over. arg. someone make me some soup and fax it on over!

so i went to see jenny owen youngs at the 400 bar with justin, richelle (jp's sister), heather dagger, and lydia slayer on monday. justin's bassist, matt, also showed up for the show. justin is really good friends with jenny, and heather has always put jenny's stuff on mixed cds that she has given me. so when justin informed me of the show, i HAD to go. i was not disappointed. jenny is one of the most talented people i have ever seen. i can also see why her and justin get along so well. she has an awkward/nervous energy about her, but she is very quick witted (with a typically new yorkish blunt humor). i was overwhelmed and intimidated when talking to her, feeling foolish and slow, and all of the other girls with me felt the same. she is so intense! very genuine and sweet-hearted but comes off somewhat abrasive. we stayed for a while, all hanging out in the back listening to the other singer playing that night, but eventually us girls left the boys and went home to sleep.

if you have never heard of jenny owen youngs, check out her cd "Batten the Hatches." delicious.

i saw the movie twilight with stacy, lindsay, and heather today at 10:00 AM. no teenage girls = thank god. no lines = thank god. edward cullen = thank god. the movie did not impress me. i did enjoy it. it was entertaining. but it was scatter-brained in my opinion. bella did not do as well as i thought she would. edward was more dreamy than i could have imagined. mmm.

work is wonderful. i am really coming into my own.

everything else is lovely. i float through my days and hold on to my nights...

i will post more soon. i have been massively distracted as of late. ;]

2 comments:

jessica maria said...

mmmm i'm still in an edward-coma from last night...at least, my pants are. what? that doesn't make sense.

Lindsay Vicious said...

hahahahaha. yessss! i love it. edward was, by far, the most delicious and dreamy teenager i have ever encountered. mmm. let us go find him.