Sunday, March 15, 2009

this is my dinosour life!

my birthday was fabulous. i received so many messages, emails, calls, and wishes of happy birthday. made me feel like i am at least a bit memorable. sometimes i have doubts, haha.

at work the staff brought strawberries, chocolate, and ice cream for my birthday, and then all of the kids screamed the happy birthday song. amazing.

after work i dressed up in one of my new dresses (think classic 1950's) and headed to uptown to pick up justin for the family birthday dinner. we went to chaing mai thai, and i opened my presents from the fam and from justin. from the family i got some lovely outfits from express, and from justin i received a multitude of books i have never read before and a candle that smells like him. haha. i love it! i must light it when he is away and pretend he is in the room with me. am i a creep???

after dinner, justin and i headed to the lagoon to see watchmen. we were both pumped to see it, although we didn't have really high expectations. want my review? AWFUL. we both agreed that it was the WORST MOVIE EVER MADE! i was entertained for the opening credits. after that, it was all downhill. the acting was alright. but there was no interesting story line. the "surprises" in the movie were easily predicted in the first 20 minutes of the film. the "touching" moments were lame and uninspiring. i was not at all entertained or thrilled. ugh! justin and i wanted to leave halfway through it, but neither of us wanted to say anything to each other in fear we were alone in our review. DO NOT see this movie. if any of my friends spend their money on this movie, i will be personally offended. i DO want to read the graphic novel, though, in hopes that it will erase the sadness in my head of wasting my time on that movie. yikes.

today i went to coffee with lyds and we chatted. i stopped by heather's afterward. she painted me a painting!!! i love it!!! i love my girls so much. <3 oh! as a birthday present to myself i have decided to stop smoking. i have thus far made it 24+ hours. hoorah! i am using the patch and the gum. so far the cravings are minimal. i will never be the person who abhors smokers, in fact i will always probably envy them. but if i do not do it now, then i never will. so far, so good! i hope it sticks! to keep myself busy i have been watching movies and cleaning. here is a view of my cleaned bedroom. note that i am a compulsive saver of things, and it is difficult to find places for all of my things and make my room not look like a 10 year old girls.

i spy: many pictures i have not hung up as of yet, vicky cristina barcelona playing, audrey hepburn.
i spy: a lava lamp, a wonderful collection of books (those are not all of them), my lonely guitar.i spy: the candle justin got me, a twilight calender, a host of stuffed animals that i feel too guilty boxing away (i think stuffed animals are alive of sorts), an 101 dalmations pillow case, a hidden dream-catcher.

6 comments:

jessica maria said...

1. happy birthday

2. love the new layout +header is so cute

3. sounds like it was a lot of fun!!

4. luuuurve the purple :)

Lindsay Vicious said...

1. thank you, darlin!

2. thank thanks! i am working on it. :\

3. hoorah!

4. it is the girliest i get! ;]

<333

lydia slayer said...

i spy with my little eye a triple threat photo frame.

<3

L.L. said...

That is a great purple!

Cherise said...

So funny story...I was working for Scion promoting Watchmen opening night...and after promoting it we went to the midnight showing and I was shocked...I finally just laughed at all scenes because it really is a horrible movie.

Lindsay Vicious said...

lyds: you do!!! it is there, of course!

L.L.: thank you darlin, and good to see a new face around here!

cherise: hahah. YES! i am so glad you agree with me!!! i'm sorry you had to endure it as well. bummer.