Monday, July 13, 2009

battered and braised, grilled and sauteed.

Well, well, well. I have decided to try proper capitalization and punctuation again. This will probably last a whopping one post. Enjoy it while it lasts.

The past two weeks, or so, have been a whirlwind of emotions, events, and words. I still hesitate to post on most of it (some of my own, some of others, some only involving me slightly). Know that "mine" is sorted out for the best--the very best. I am more content than ever (after several days of silent agony). Things are as they were, but stronger in many ways. "Others" is sorting out as we speak. I have been surprisingly impressed by some people's actions and strides to make everything work out. Hopefully it continues. "Sort of mine" is just straight up drama--some of which needed to happen, some of which is just entertaining, and some of which is totally unnecessary. Seems like the world is begging for us girls to have intense nights out these days. Every single time we have gone out, it has been wonderful chaos and dangerous riot fires.

Friday the girls all got together for what was supposed to be Amy's girl's night out, but she ended up needing to stay home. Heather, Lydia, Laura, and myself still ended up going to the Varsity to catch The Greycoats, Dan Rodriguez, and Ari Herstand play some tunes. There we ran into Kalgren, who had previously the denounced the "scene" and "scene-sters" but must have thought he was exempt from contamination this night, and his girlfriend, who is very nice. We also found Meg, and roped her into our little circle of women. Of course Amy (Ari's girlfriend), Allison (George's girlfriend), etc... were there. Good people all around. Later in the night Brian Shackle showed up, and Mo also showed up. Eventually we decided to get some drinkables and headed over to the Ugly Mug (of course). I drove, lost, in downtown Minneapolis at 1:00AM all by myself AND found my way. Amazing. My biggest fear, partly overcome. The rest of the night? Not so satisfactory. I will not divulge. Anyway, we all ended up going to Luce (of course) and ate our pizza bitterly. Regardless of the drama the night brought, my girls are wonderful. I never have a bad time with them. Never. And the aftermath was sorted out the next morning, which was a good thing.
Above: Sort of fish-eye. Below: Non-fish-eyeish.

Saturday I went with Justin to Shane Nelson's wedding. He is the man who directed and shot the Farewell Continental video in the post below. Genius. Right? The wedding was the most perfectly done wedding I have seen, in terms of what I would ideally like (although not sure if I would actually do, or if I will ever actually get married). He was married at the Arboretum. The ceremony was in a square garden outside. There was a string/flute three piece band. The guests stood, lining the walkway, and when Shane and then when Molly walked past it was very casual and comfortable. Very classy and beautiful, but still "real"--not a lot of show. I loved it. It was quick and then we all moved to another gardenish area where the reception was held inside a inn-type of thing. Justin and I ended up sitting with two other Justins he knows, and it was a wonderful time, considering I didn't really know anyone. Shane is one of the most witty, kind, and open people I have ever met. It was a privilege being able to witness a milestone in his life.
Photo of a Polaroid.

Sunday Justin invited me to his mother's birthday dinner at Moto (?) a Japanese restaurant. YUM. many small dishes of food. I totally adore his whole family and all of the "significants." Such a good bunch of personalities. After that we went to his place and watched a movie (Something Idaho? With River Phoenix?). I loved it! He was being a little turd, though, when I tried to explain one of the character's personalities to him (based off of my knowledge of a Shakespeare play). That punk. He is so cute when he is a punk.


In other news...

I am skinnier than I have been in ages.

I feel better about myself than I have in ages.

I am so totally stoked for Vegas coming up next weekend.

Who is excited for the new Harry Potter? This girl!

I am practicing how to smile in photos these days. I like my big natural smile, but sometimes I just want a good photo. So I am working on this. Lame, huh? Eh.

I have not watched television in at least a week, which makes me very happy.

I was, very luckily, able to listen to the new MCS roughs for the new album a few times. I am completely obsessed. I cannot get them out of my head. They are going to get so much credit as a band for this new record. I cannot wait for it to come out so everyone can fall in love with it as much as I have.

2 comments:

brittany said...

between you and jessica and tommy talking about the fantastic new MCS album, i am painfully jealous and beyond excited to hear it!! tell them to please hurry things up and get that thing released!

Lindsay Vicious said...

you are going to loovvveee it, my dear!!!