Friday, September 25, 2009

snails see the benefits, the beauty in every inch.

I have recently realized something. Amazing, I know. But it goes along with my previous post about life not having to go a certain way--the "expected" way.

Sometimes when we meet people in certain circumstances, we believe that those circumstances dictate how we are to file people into our lives. For instance, you shouldn't be friends with your boyfriend's ex-girlfriend who (because of the circumstances) you may have initially resented or even despised. Or you should never date a guy who was first interested in your friend.

These circumstances are never easy, and they are never without a certain amount of mess--but if handled in the right way, who is to say that you can not look past these happenstances and redefine these people in your life?

Life does not plan things out for you. It is not intentional. It does not say to itself "Okay, I am going to have Lindsay meet this person in (insert less-than-ideal circumstance), because I know that she should never get to know this person better--this person is not for her."

Sometimes life happens, for better or worse, and sometimes the people it happens to are actually quality human beings--who could potentially make your life better. That ex-girlfriend could end up to be a future great friend. That friend's dating interest could end up being the love of your life.

You never know unless you take the risk, handle it correctly, and find out for yourself.

Life is too short, and I make my own destiny.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this. Amen. I am friends with a girl that my ex-boyfriend cheated on me with... (many years ago) not good friends, but she is awesome! However, that can only go so far. I have another recent ex-boyfriend that cheated on me and I don't want to be friends with that girl because of definite character flaws. Ugh. My life. Haha, I love your positivity though! I am moving on to better things!

aimfire photography said...

i love you.

ME said...

It goes without saying, I truly appreciate this post. I belive fate often calls the shots. The boy may simply be the bridge or necessary link that is needed to introduce two people. Destiny likely had this figured out along. He could end up just a distant memory, a funny story has to how two people, against all odds, became friends :)

Love it!

Lindsay Vicious said...

hey girls- love that you love it. i think it is so true, right? and you are correct, sometimes it goes the opposite way. people who you think will be good relationships forever could turn out to be people you don't really need in your life after all. oh life.

Ashley said...

I know you may find this creepy- and that's okay, but I just randomly found your blog and have really enjoyed it. This post rang quite true for me! Thanks and keep up the posting- you may never know who you may inspire- me being one of those people!!!

Lindsay Vicious said...

not creepy at all! thank you for the comment! <3