Sunday, January 17, 2010

leave my sensitive homeboys alone.

  • justin left today. it just reminds me of how he will be gone several months after his show in minneapolis on the 23rd (which i am VERY excited to dance and sing my little heart out at). what will i do without him to watch movies and be lazy with on the weekends with? my heart hurts, but i am very excited for everyone else to get him and the rest of the guys--so that they can enjoy the new music at the shows. and i have been ridiculously spoiled with him home so very much this past year or so.
  • remember: on the 19th my dinosaur life comes out. i am so proud of motion city. this record is honest-to-god amazing. i know i am biased, but i am so blown away by their talent and how they have grown with this album.
  • on that note: tomorrow my "review" will be posted on borangutan.com of the new cd, and a short interview with justin will accompany it. i will link it--but just don't judge me too badly. it was hard trying to do it justice, while trying not to seem obviously biased, but wanting everyone to love it as much as i do.
  • i am pumped to get my MDL deluxe set in the mail this week. my name is in the credits for it, as justin generously allowed me to have my first "real" editing credit.
  • last night we all went out to celebrate heather dagger's birthday! she turned 25, which generally means death--but she is too badass for death. me, heather, justin, lydia, laura, and mike went to sushi tango. i wish all the best for my heather this 25th year!
  • after dinner justin and i went to the movie "up in the air." i absolutely adored it. i thought all of the actors were perfect, and the story had just enough to be liked by the masses but appreciated by the independent crowd. i really recommend it.
  • i'm also looking forward to going to coffee with a lovely lady who i never thought i would be going to coffee with in my lifetime. should be good.
  • i am donating two huge bags of clothes to the haiti efforts. it is a good excuse to de-clutter and be a good human.
  • this week i will be starting the book lolita, as i have always wanted to read it, and i just watched the movie with justin.
  • i am so grateful for the recent outpouring of people reaching out on my blog and twitter. i love the new friends and acquaintances met through the excitement for the new MCS record. MCS fans are the greatest group of people ever!

9 comments:

Erica said...

I think I thought "death" about 25 as well (unless I'm missing some inside joke!) but I for sure am enjoying my life more and more after age 25. It only gets better, I promise :) Sounds cliche, but it's true.

Lindsay Vicious said...

well at least that is good to know! i have heard that "25 has been my best year" from several friends as well, so perhaps i believe it!

ME said...

So, coffee! If you have time this Saturday, I'm available all day...Sunday, I have until around 4:00 because the game doesn't start until 5:40! Let me know if either of those days work!

I donated a bit of cash to relief efforts but have been wanting to contribute more! I planned on going through my closet this weekend anyways so thanks for the idea...do you know where to drop them...!?!

Lindsay Vicious said...

saturday doesn't work at all for me. :[ justin has a show that day. boo!!!

sunday should work, though. we can keep in touch if anything changes, for sure. :]

yes??

and no, i have NO idea where to drop off yet, but i will look today and let you know. i was just really needing a good excuse to get rid of old clothes i save. i am awful with putting aside my packrat tendencies.

ME said...

Keep me posted for Sunday!

I haven't been able to find any readily available information on sending or dropping off clothes...I suppose I'll drop mine off at our local Salvation Army which helps too!

I'm not a packrat...I probably throw too much away, my problem is hoping I'll fit into the clothes again someday, not likely!

Lindsay Vicious said...

haha, same here. i just have to face facts i'll never ever ever ever be a small again. boo.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Genial brief and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you on your information.