Saturday, January 9, 2010

The Tundra update #2.

So, after the coffee house we traveled back to our little cabin on the north shore. After this point, all of the days mush into one--it seems.

Justin did a lot of work on writing songs, and man is he good at what he does. I tried to write, although I did not get as much as I had wanted done.

We slept in until 11 every day. Upon waking up, Justin would make some of his deadly coffee for us, we did some creative work, and then Justin would make a raging fire and we would continue watching the Twin Peaks television series. That series, by David Lynch, is Justin's favorite. It is creepy, cheesy, and altogether great. The only problem with watching it straight for four days, was that the series takes place in a small town where the woods have something very evil lurking in there. Where were we? In an isolated cabin in the woods. Things started to get creepy by the end of the week. Eventually we could not go anywhere at night without the other near by. The cabin would make sounds in the wind, and we would freak out. Not good. Hard to sleep.
On top of that, our little houseguest, Walter, was pooping up a storm at night. He was cute, yes. But we were looking forward to civilization where we didn't have to wash our dishes three times before we ate off of them, and where Walter did not crawl up my leg in the middle of the night. Justin knew there were probably more than one "Walter" in the cabin. I decided to remain ignorant of that fact until we left.

Other than that, we went out to eat twice (yum). We snacked a lot. And, well, we were just generally lazy.

Perfection.

The last day we were ready to get back into our own rooms, but we could have spent more time on vacation for sure. We never grew tired of each other (good sign), and I think the vacation was wonderful.

We are already planning for another vacation in the near future. I cannot wait. I cannot get enough of that guy. And it was great to spend so very much quality time with him before he leaves for tour this year. I got my fix.

4 comments:

ME said...

I had a friend once...until last week when he drowned himself in a soaking mixing bowl :( He is no longer my friend and I am scarred for life...

Lindsay Vicious said...

haha, this made me laugh outloud! amazing. hahaha.

ME said...

We will discuss over coffee! Briefly of course as I am still mourning the loss of my mouse friend and my mixing bowl :)

Lindsay Vicious said...

alright, deal! cannot wait! ;D