Saturday, February 6, 2010

Always running out of time...

So hell froze over this past Sunday and turned into a lovely land of flowers and rainbows when my former pseudo-arch-enemy Sarah and I went to dinner. For the past few years Sarah and I have strongly "disliked" each other due to our preconceived notions of who one another were or represented. I will not get into details, because details don't matter. We had never officially met, and last year we realized that carrying around bad blood is a bad thing in this short life!

Dinner was fabulous. Sarah is a very intelligent, well-grounded, beautiful, and honest human being. I loved spending much time and many drinks with her. She made it very un-awkward, because she is so open--and thank god for that. I cannot wait to hang out with her, and her girlfriends, one day soon again. It was such a strange experience talking with someone for the first time, who you feel like you have known for ages in the first place. So very glad it happened.On Tuesday, I headed to The Beat Coffeehouse with all of my wonderfully dedicated friends to watch Motion City Soundtrack on Jimmy Fallon. Dave and Brittany came up with a kick-ass plan to host a pot-luck viewing party at the unofficial MCS hotspot when they are in Minnesota recording. Dave, the barista, was so excited about hosting it--which made things so much fun. He was playing MCS-related music the whole time previous to the show, and upwards of 30-40 people showed up to support. I cannot tell you how great it was to be in a room that was so proud of their local band. Can I also say that my friends are the best for coming out on a Tuesday to support the boyfriend and the band? A big thanks to Heather, Casey, Laura, Larissa, Brittany (who helped plan it--and basically I jumped on her bandwagon), and Lydia (all pictured below) and Mike Minehart (for taking the picture as well).
When they went on, on the big screen and surround sound, everyone cheered loudly. I think they did a fabulous job. Especially since Justin was so nervous--but it turned out perfectly! What a FUN night. It was also great seeing Tommy, Josh, Jim, and meeting some others.

Some things I am excited about include investing in my new electrical toothbrush (which I am still trying to get used to. The tickleness makes me cry and laugh during brushing), getting my hair done (thank the lord), and the radical individuals who are delivering my letters to Justin along certain dates of his tour (thank you!!!). I am already counting down the days until my birthday, when I see JP again. And Valentine's Day will be celebrated with my girls this year, which is fine by me!

4 comments:

Dereck said...

so, i saw MCS on Warped Tour of '06, only having heard a couple of their songs before. i thought the show rocked, got the re-release of CTTM, & even got their autographs. i didn't think much of it, until i went home that night & actually listened to their music. i fell in love instantly. they didn't come to my town again until a couple Warped Tours from then, & i was out of town on vacation. so, i'm gonna try my damnedest to go a CA show this tour so i can see them. :]

brittany said...

you give me far too much credit...all I did was harass & bribe Dave until he planned & hosted it. the dude rocks!

Lindsay Vicious said...

dereck- well i wish you luck in going! i am sure it will be worthwhile all the work to make it happen!!

brittany- haha. well i gave you enough grief for watching, LOST. so i will make up for that with praise and credit. ;]

Toni-Marie said...

Sometimes other people opinions get in the way and colour your view of people, and its good that you managed to get past this and got to know this person.
In other news that whole getting people to pass letters to justin at stops throughout tour, is so sweet and romantic. What a genius idea. i may just steal this.