Monday, February 15, 2010

fight back in the pouring rain.

This weekend was quite eventful. My mind is still blown from much of it.

Valentine's day came and passed without being able to see my honey, since he is on tour. But it was made perfect through the presents and phone calls by him.

On Saturday I received two packages. On containing these two books:I had recently expressed to him how excited I was to read these two books, but that I had to go buy them first. He, as good boyfriends do, listened and remembered. I was so flippin' excited when I opened the package. These two books were EXACTLY what I wanted without really realizing it.

Next came a package shaped sort of like a flower box, which confused me, because Justin doesn't really seem like the type who would ship flowers to me (he is just more unconventional than that). So when I opened this box, I smiled very, very big in surprise and excitement. Now, to make it clear why this present means something, my power animal is a flamingo. It is a tradition among our friends, that we all have power animals that are given to us. Mine is that, and a long time ago, I bestowed the power animal of the jackalope onto Justin and bought him a stuffed one. Now we both have power animal gifts. And mine stands over two feet tall, and when I say stands, I mean it actually can stand up. Totally goofy, and all of my friends agreed that he knew me very well--and what a perfect gift it is.

So although Valentine's went very well considering that Justin was not near, us girls all still decided to go out together to celebrate our girl-love for one another. We choose, on Saturday, to go to our friends' show, the Readygoes/White Light Riot show at the 7th street entry. Larissa and Casey also decided to meet up with us, which was better than perfect, and we even ran into Meg (who I had not seen in such a long time). Of course we took up the whole first row, and dominated the dancing/singing-out-loud part of the crowd.
(Lydia, Me, Heather, Casey, Larissa, Meg)

After the show, our good friend Mike Minehart decided he would graciously allow us to accompany him to the Funhouse in Uptown. I. Was. So. Excited.

I had heard so much, from Laura, Gabe, and Mike, about this place. I was dying to see it with my own eyes, and Saturday night I was able to. My mind was officially freaked out. I had jumped down the rabbit hole. The place is full of trap doors and themed rooms. One room you are sitting in first class of an airplane, one room is a diner, one room is a log cabin, and on and on it goes.

For instance. You go into this phone booth. Push through the wall (if you know where to), and...
You are in the balcony that looks like a movie theater, and if you look over the railing, below you is a full sized venue. WHAT!?You go through the New Orleans room's secret wall or you slide down a bat pole, and you enter the Twilight Zone room.You go to the kitchen and push through a wall, and wa-la! It flips into a another room!And in the kitchen, there is a giant teacup that you sit in. WHAT?!Here is a limited, outdated view of this place. Unreal.




By the way, vegetarianism (with fish still being eaten) is happening now! It has been about a week, and so far I do not even think about it. We will see how it progresses... Thanks for all of your ideas and support!

3 comments:

jessica maria said...

Sounds like an absolutely lovely weekend, even without Justin.

I know how it is! Having good friends is the best <3

Unknown said...

I struggled with On the Road, and had to force myself to finish it. Hopefully it lives up to your expectations. BUT I am excited to read Eating Animals, especially after I saw the author discussing it on Ellen.

A friend of mine just read a book on the whole vegetarian topic and I thought you might like to read her review, as it might help with your struggle. You can read it here: http://practicalyetchic.blogspot.com/2010/02/what-we-eat_18.html

p.s. the flamingo is adorable. better than flowers any day, hands down. I love the whole power animal idea. fun and unique. :)

Lindsay Vicious said...

jessica- it was, love! it was a good weekend. i am thinking of you (in jealousy) with your upcoming trip. have fun for us that will be lame in america! ;]

c.marie- i have heard great things about on the road, and i love some of the quotes from it. i also am obsessed with the classics, so i cross my fingers in hopes that i will enjoy it! i am still working on eating animals, but so far i love it. i just don't have that much time right now to read. ugh.

and i will def. check out your friend's review! thank you! i am getting so many great sources of information. i love it!

and i agree, flamingos > flowers. man man does alright. ;]