Sunday, March 2, 2008

i got a backbone [everything will be alright]



us girls decided to stick it to the man, literally.

coming to the conclusion that a backbone is a necessary commodity these days, we decided to celebrate this newly found strength in the form of concert-going and ass-shaking.

of course this was after a not-so-pleasant conversation with someone the night previous.

what it all comes down to, is that i am done done done letting men step all over me. whether they are friends or more... no more.

no apologies anymore. i refuse. i admit, if it is a new person and i was in the wrong, i will apologize. but if it is a person who has frequently hurt me, or if i have good reason to be angry and do what i did. screw. that. not sorry.

i refuse to apologize for even silly things, like drunk texting. i am standing up for myself. even if it makes me look like a bitch. even if a tiny bit of my heart freezes over. because, lets be honest here. i have made excuses for people for far too long.

no more, sir. no more.

in any event, i adore my heather and lydia. those girls make my weeks. we all reside on the same level of thinking. it is a bit uncanny. so many inside jokes. so much strength. as same from the bodeans said, on friday, we are the "triple threat." RAWR! watch it, boys.

sxsw is coming up quickly! i have made contact with a good few people about it. i am going to try and force jonah to hang a bit with me. i also was put on the victory showcase list (on my birthday) by aaron, who is amazingly sweet for barely knowing me. i also am excited to see mo and derek down there. but very most of all, i am excited to see my elevation boys. it has been ages, and i need some southern charm in my life. stat.

networking is my primary goal there, not really going to shows. i am excited for the possibilities of all i could meet!

school is kicking my ass a bit. in a good way. i am actually learning real job-related skills. my editing class is amazing, and i am excited to finally be gaining insight into a career i may pursue.

i am also thinking about starting to apply to jobs. yikes. i am between wanting to work in the music industry, or work as an editor. maybe i can do both? we will see.

that is all i will harass you with now.
more later.

upcoming events: spill canvas (excited to see nick again) and sxsw (documentary included)

No comments: